-Combo Breaker Japan- -Combo Breaker Japan-

If the throwback isn't obvious from the title the first minute or so gives it away, Its nice to hear Combo Breaker redone in such an interesting style... Gotta hand it to you this is probably better than doing a flat out remake of it :)

-Battlegrounds- (WIP) -Battlegrounds- (WIP)

This is nice but I think its a bit repetitive right now, good job its still a WIP x)

Needs a hard drop now with some fast paced drums (and louder hi-hats! :3), a new melody and bassline... If you decide to finish it which you absolutely should :)

-Jungle Temple II- -Jungle Temple II-

Not bad, but your mixing still needs work. You cant just slap a limiter on the master channel and call it a day :P Drums hit a bit to hard and drown some things out currently.

I'm also starting to notice a lot of repetition between tracks in terms of drums... maybe its time to start using more different samples or invest in some new libraries? ;) Then again, you started the project nearly a year ago.

ThaPredator responds:

I'll work on that, thank you!

Similar samples yeah, have in mind that this is an old song, I already got some new fresh drum samples :)

-Round 2- -Round 2-

Huge Improvement from your last submission, I'm glad you took your time with this one. Lots of variation and no awkward transitions. Although I do figure its about time you stop over saturating some of the sounds and samples you use, a few of which make me cringe slightly whenever I hear them. Im glad to see you are going to try and start doing that.

I feel like you need to work on your track endings a bit more as they seem too abrupt and the final section doesn't really complement it too well

Anyway I wish you the best of luck!

-Starfight- -Starfight-

Okay, I think I'm going to review this one honestly:

I think this one is a bit sub par for you, you should have spent a bit more time on it honestly.

It starts off fine, but after a while the song starts to sound confused on what it wants to do. There's so much going on in some sections that its hard to follow.

The change from a major scale into more of a minor one at 0:52 doesn't complement the beginning/end too well, a scale change is never easy to pull off though. So in a situation where you are not sure if it will work its best to play it safe and stick to the same scale throughout a song.

Overall, I feel if you took your time with this a bit more it would have turned out much better. 6/10

Whilst I was hoping for something a bit better from you for the round of 64, I still wish you the best of luck :)

-Below- -Below-

You're not wrong, this one certainly is strange. When it first came out I didn't like this one too much, but it has certainly grown on me.

The bass in the first half certainly is something, love the variation the automation has. Adds a lot of movement and gets you going for the rest of the song.

Also I love how crisp it sounds overall :)

Over saturation of samples is a small problem in some sections but otherwise I have no issues. 9/10

-Hopper- -Hopper-

Easy enough for you to say, I still have a month full of exams (Important ones too!) ahead of me :P

This really isn't bad for 8 hours work though. I can tell where you've re-used assets from older tracks of yours so that probably explains it a bit. Cant wait until I'm free to do as much music as I want too :3

ThaPredator responds:

Good luck in your exams :P

I´ve learned a lot from those 8 hours in Fl, specially at mastering. Haha, well, my older songs are a bit similar to this one, so that explains a lot :) because my older songs were basically the same style, thats why im trying to change it!

Thanks!!!

-Run or Die- -Run or Die-

This is amazing, definitely one of my favorites :) Best of luck in the NGADM!

ThaPredator responds:

Great that you are loving it! Thank you

Tenacity Tenacity

Was browsing through my project library when I found this... We need to redo this some day and do it right. Such a lovely melody at the start :)

iEloy responds:

Sounds like an awesome idea!

-Xmas is key- SIKXmas OST -Xmas is key- SIKXmas OST

Okay, Ive always avoided this one because it was labeled an OST but finally getting to listen to it I think I may have a new favourite. I think that the main melody of the song is gorgeous, it really does capture that christmas-y feel! I think Im going to make a habit of listening to this one more often near christmas in the future, or even just more often in general ;)