-Round 2- -Round 2-

Huge Improvement from your last submission, I'm glad you took your time with this one. Lots of variation and no awkward transitions. Although I do figure its about time you stop over saturating some of the sounds and samples you use, a few of which make me cringe slightly whenever I hear them. Im glad to see you are going to try and start doing that.

I feel like you need to work on your track endings a bit more as they seem too abrupt and the final section doesn't really complement it too well

Anyway I wish you the best of luck!

-Starfight- -Starfight-

Okay, I think I'm going to review this one honestly:

I think this one is a bit sub par for you, you should have spent a bit more time on it honestly.

It starts off fine, but after a while the song starts to sound confused on what it wants to do. There's so much going on in some sections that its hard to follow.

The change from a major scale into more of a minor one at 0:52 doesn't complement the beginning/end too well, a scale change is never easy to pull off though. So in a situation where you are not sure if it will work its best to play it safe and stick to the same scale throughout a song.

Overall, I feel if you took your time with this a bit more it would have turned out much better. 6/10

Whilst I was hoping for something a bit better from you for the round of 64, I still wish you the best of luck :)

-Below- -Below-

You're not wrong, this one certainly is strange. When it first came out I didn't like this one too much, but it has certainly grown on me.

The bass in the first half certainly is something, love the variation the automation has. Adds a lot of movement and gets you going for the rest of the song.

Also I love how crisp it sounds overall :)

Over saturation of samples is a small problem in some sections but otherwise I have no issues. 9/10

-Hopper- -Hopper-

Easy enough for you to say, I still have a month full of exams (Important ones too!) ahead of me :P

This really isn't bad for 8 hours work though. I can tell where you've re-used assets from older tracks of yours so that probably explains it a bit. Cant wait until I'm free to do as much music as I want too :3

ThaPredator responds:

Good luck in your exams :P

I´ve learned a lot from those 8 hours in Fl, specially at mastering. Haha, well, my older songs are a bit similar to this one, so that explains a lot :) because my older songs were basically the same style, thats why im trying to change it!

Thanks!!!

-Run or Die- -Run or Die-

This is amazing, definitely one of my favorites :) Best of luck in the NGADM!

ThaPredator responds:

Great that you are loving it! Thank you

Tenacity Tenacity

Was browsing through my project library when I found this... We need to redo this some day and do it right. Such a lovely melody at the start :)

iEloy responds:

Sounds like an awesome idea!

-Xmas is key- SIKXmas OST -Xmas is key- SIKXmas OST

Okay, Ive always avoided this one because it was labeled an OST but finally getting to listen to it I think I may have a new favourite. I think that the main melody of the song is gorgeous, it really does capture that christmas-y feel! I think Im going to make a habit of listening to this one more often near christmas in the future, or even just more often in general ;)

Rejuvenate Rejuvenate

Love this, an epic song to come back with.
Now, about the inspiration, why not put it in the track desc rather than say its really obvious? Plus I kinda feel elements of it throughout the whole song, not just the beginning, but it still has your own flare to it that I know so well.
I like your songs so much, seriously keep at it (even if there are a few months between each release its worth the wait <3)

(Kind of upset you do orchestrals better than me too, but what can I do? :/ )

Kolkian responds:

Thanks Sigma <3 Lol I think I just won't say it, there's a lot of influence from other sources in this too. Also, I spent a good chunk of the summer analyzing string quartets so you shouldn't be upset x)

JazielStorm JazielStorm

Even though I didn't add anything to it, I'm still really happy with how this turned out. You did an amazing job on your own, its definitely your best track so far. The transitions are silky smooth and each part sounds somewhat unique in its own way and even though its pretty much the same bassline throughout you've still made it work and stay somewhat interesting.

Drums are a bit inconsistent in places but other than that I have very few problems with it overall. A solid 7/10 from me.

iEloy responds:

Thanks for your feedback! Much appreciated.

-Water Power- -Water Power-

Hehe, I haven't listened to any of your stuff in a while and I think that this is quite nice :)

I felt that the vocals just stuck out from the track a bit too much and could have been mixed a bit better but other than that I see little to no problems with this at all.

Your songs do still feel like your trying to copy waterflame a bit too much though, I get that he is one of your main influences but he's one of mine as well yet my songs don't resemble his nearly as much as yours do. Whilst trying to stylize your music after others is a great way to learn it will only take you so far before you have to start developing a style of your own.

One thing I am curious about now though is how you actually make your tracks and how you use your DAW. Id definitely be interested in a collab at some point in time because even though most of your stuff sounds like Waterflame, I do feel like you know how to put a song together pretty well

Thank you!
I know, I try to get my "separate" stuff, I dont copy him, I just get inspired, but, yes, sounds pretty similar to his songs and melody, basicaly because I admire him so much. Thank you, I'll be more creative next time...
Sure, we should try! I like your songs and I know it will sound pretty nice, both of them together :D